We are very pleased to announce that our Native Speaker Teacher and Coordinator, Ms Kirsten Papaioannou, was selected as a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert for the academic year 2021-22. She was the only Insitute teacher in Cyprus to be selected this year!
The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes.
MIE Experts work closely with Microsoft to lead innovation in education. They advocate and share their thoughts on the effective use of technology in education with peers and policymakers.
They provide insight for Microsoft on new products and tools for education, and they exchange best practices as they work together to promote innovation in teaching and learning.
What is the role of an MIE Expert?
- MIE Experts have adopted 21st-century teaching and learning, taken risks, and strive to improve their pedagogy to integrate technology tools that improve student outcomes.
- They model that failure is an opportunity to reflect and learn as well as resiliency.
- They see the MIE Expert community as a valuable Professional Learning Community that helps them continue to improve their practice.
- They are seen as a leader in their school and school system.
- They provide coaching/mentoring to other teachers and support their growth.
- They partner with principals and school leaders in the whole school/system transformation.
- They are comfortable presenting in front of other educators/leaders and sharing their stories of growth and learning.
- They look for ways to give back to the teaching profession (MIE Experts get back what they put into the program)